Information on Santa Rosa Academy’s Advisory Council
There are two parents from each, Red, Blue, and White tracks and six staff members on the Advisory Council. Four certificated, representing each grade SPAN and track, one administrator, and one classified staff member.
The members of this Advisory Council are not voting members of the board, but exist for the purpose of proposing to the Board policies AND to encourage the active involvement of parents and guardians in the affairs of the school. If you would like to contact the Advisory Council you may do so via email at email@example.com.
The parameters for this council are as follows:
- The council is hosted by the school Principal (s) per the charter
- The council may meet at least once every other month
- Members are to review policies and procedures
- May give suggestions on allocating the budget.
- Review curriculum options prior to adoption.
- Assist in the coordination of parent involvement.
- Aid the SRA Foundation in the development of fundraising.
BECOMING A MEMBER:
- Send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that members will be selected based on track and grade span represented).
- Interview before the advisory council.
- Parents are allowed to serve multiple terms, but must re-interview before the council for subsequent terms.
- The chairperson will be determined by vote at the first meeting. This chairperson will report out and take direction from the Board.
- Attend meetings as needed. Meeting participation may be remote, if approved by the council.
- Participate actively, through discussion, presentation, and implementation, in the charges set forth by the school board.
- Chairperson will report out to the school board.
- Attend annual fundraising/other events as representatives of the council.
If you would like to be put on the list to become a member of the Advisory, please email Ms. Montes at email@example.com.